Not having to get dressed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The first night back I woke up around 3am to go to the bathroom—I was pretty groggy after not having slept for 28 hours and was having some difficulty in the dark, fumbling about trying to put my shirt on. Peg asks, “What are you doing?” I answer, “I am going to the bathroom.”
“You are home now—you don’t have to get dressed to go to the bathroom!”
“Oh, right….” And I stumbled off into the darkness. But, I haven’t made that mistake again!
No ID card necessary to go for a run. When I was getting ready to go for my first run from home I started to run upstairs and get my ID to carry with me. Not necessary anymore—feels great to run without an ID. Funny thing is, I often forgot to take my ID with me to go for a run in Iraq… oops!
Water in the shower is OK to drink—don’t need to spit out the water while showering. The first week’s worth of showers back home I am doing a lot of spitting—but I don’t need to anymore! And, now I can brush my teeth with tap water!!! How convenient!
In Iraq, every time I went to have a can of Coke (diet, naturally), I had to wipe the dirt and dust off of it; or, if it had been sitting in water and ice I had to wipe that off of it. It takes a bit of getting used to; not having to wipe off my can of coke prior to drinking—not needed anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment