Friday, May 30, 2008

old looking... or better looking!??

I used to walk around a base out of uniform people would just say "hi"; they weren't sure what or who I was... should they salute, call me "sir" , jackass, or something else...

lately, this evening for instance, I am waling to the chow hall in my PT uniform--shorts and a t-shirt (more on the uniform later)--and two separate young enlisted men call me "sir". I can handle that. But, then an Army CPT calls me "sir" too!?!? I must be starting to look too old to be anything but a "sir"... that's depressing... but, now that I have a chance to think about, rationalize a bit (never underestimate the powers of self-deception!), I think that I must just have that air of competent authority about me that commands the respect of these young whipper-snappers!

you can vote just there to the right--->

No comments: