Wednesday, February 20, 2008

muddy feet

From the bottom of the shower trailer stairs to the flap of my tent is exactly 195 steps. It is exactly 195 steps from my tent to the shower trailer stairs. The issue is that all of these steps occur in sand, very dry sand. Shower shoes (slippers, flip flops, etc) are necessary in the shower (between the public showers and wearing boots all day one cannot have too much of a preventive posture towards one's feet! anti-fungal foot powder and frequent sock changes are de rigor) and hence required for the waling back and forth, unless you want to carry an extra pair of shoes around, which I don't.

So walking back from the shower is the time where I play a little game--how many steps can I go before sand mud coats the top of my slipper and the bottom of my feet. So far, the record is 23 steps. But, I may be making it too hard on myself because my current slippers are worn fairly thin, placing me a good 50-75% closer to the ground than a new pair of standard slippers. I happen to have a near new pair of slippers in my gear that I have ben saving for a special occasion--perhaps tomorrow I will make an investigation into the matter... stand by!

200 days

1 comment:

Katy Ho said...

I don't know if I should feel so sorry for you that you have to play this game, or be thankful that on this day this is what you had to do to amuse yourself.