Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Package from Home

Actually, only a couple days after posting my mailing address, I received two packages in the mail--one from dear friends JP and Dianne in Cupertino (you can see the calendar and some of the reading material they sent in the pictures in my previous post). The other was a shoulder holster that I ordered online for my pistol. I had waited to get a holster, figuring that the store here would have what I wanted--no dice! Amazing, everyone here wears one, but the store doesn't carry them... very odd. But, you can get children's vitamins and bags of dog food... there aren't any children on base and dogs aren't allowed (except for military working dogs, but they get their food elsewhere).

Where was I, oh yeah, the other day I got my first package from Peg... lots of good reading material (New Scientist and the New Yorker); a stack of Isabel's daily reports from daycare, the first of which indicated that Izzy had cried for "Daddy" that day--luckily none of the other s said that too or I would have had to go home right then; and a nice card from Peg's work...

No wonder Peg likes it there, too bad she had to cut back on her hours due to my deployment. of course, if she would start her own blog she would be able to say herself how much she liked working and being a single parent to three loony children... come to think of it, perhaps I will post some of Peg's e-mails (edited to protect the innocent!)

Thanks again Biomatrica folk--card was very nice to get--and most excellent Cupertino neighbors!!

No comments: