So that was nice; last night wasn't so nice... for the last ten days I have been in the transient tents waiting for a permanent place to live, a trailer. I have moved up the list from 16th or so to 7th or so... progress. After the first two nights in the tent I have been completely alone in there-nice ten-man tent and little old me... Last night (this morning) at 0400 four dudes come trudging into the tent, shuffling and snuffling about, making their beds, and talking and reeking of cigarette smoke, they promptly lay down and commence snoring! Arrgh! I was planning on getting up a bit early for this race, but that was ridiculous!! My only hope is that they are truly transient and are leaving for somewhere else today, or that I get my trailer sooner rather than later...
Saturday, March 01, 2008
Motivation
This morning was the first race on my road to running fitness. It was perfect, a Navy Day 5K put on by the local First Class Petty Officer's Association-I really had no choice but to participate. My goal was to run under 20 minutes, and I did-barely with a 19:48... The start was exciting because all the young active duty people want to run fast at the start and crowd the line (and there are well over a thousand people racing) on the narrow street that has a sharp left turn in the first 50 meters of the race... so, that meant starting out a bit faster than I wanted, but I was able to ease back into a "sensible" pace after the first couple hundred meters-but I paid for it later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment