Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Last Bathroom Post... Honest!

Because many have asked (believe it or not... you will never know the truth, so just believe--it is easier that way), I am posting some quality photos of the bathroom facilities here. Now, you can see for yourself, in full color, how things are in our little part of the world. The first image is of the inside head--the one that can only handle pure liquid--no square to spare here. Note the strategically placed plunger (AKA plumber's helper--I was once a plumber's helper for a summer--it was great fun... but that is another blog entirely, I think...)


OK, this is the hottest place on the entire base--right here in these port-o-lets at around 3PM... For some reason mys schedule has been off the last few days and this is where I end up right in the heat of the day--what a sweat box it is!! But, they are cleaned daily and aren't as dirty or disgusting as some of the port-o-potties you may have experienced in the past--note the hand cleanser dispensers (filled) on the outside--great stuff!!


This is the view of our lanai (we inhereted this from the previous team--Thanks, guys!) from the aforementioned port-o-let. Nothing like coming out of the port-o-john to an approving crowd lounging on the lanai! On the right, under the cammo netting is where the "jacuzzi" was (NOTE: the scheduled General did finally come by this very morning--he didn't see the jacuzzi--millions of fans have written in wondering about the outcome of the General and the Jacuuzi posting--now you know...).


And, the Coup de GrĂ¢ce: The shower. Note the cleanish, yellow washrag hanging up on the wall--still haven't gotten a new one of those--but I haven't broken out in a rash, so I will probably be fine... This is the finest in indoor Iraqi plumbing--built by the Yugoslavians only a few decades ago. The acoustics are great--I could sing in there all day long, except I would probably swallow some of the water, which is a Bad Idea. This water is pretty much straight out of the Euphrates (yes, the very same waters that bathed the Fertile Crescent and gave birth to civilisation; but is now causing diarrhea in those unfortunate enough to drink it regularly). So, we only use this water to bathe in. Drinking, cooking, and brushing of teeth are done with bottled or treated water.

No comments: