Two rather largish boxes arrived, for me, with the mail-call yesterday. I knew Peg had sent me a box on the 6th of July, and a couple of others a week or so later. So, I was very excited. I waited a while to open the first box. Sitting at my desk, answering phone calls and e-mails and the like—building up the anticipation. I open the first box—just like Christmas. All kinds of great things are coming out. Jumping from one wonderful bit of home to the next—what fun! I get to the bottom of the box, but I am not worried—I have an entire other box to open. I even wait a while to open the second box—a bit of a dalliance—makes the upcoming opening of the box so much the better. Actually, I was rudely interrupted by some actual work. So, it is an hour or so later when I start opening the second box and realize that it has a return address that doesn’t include the words “
But, anyway, there was the lovely box from home. Everything made it—sort of. The Almond Roca is a bit squidgy, but still good. Chocolate seems to be a hit or miss item. You take a chance sending it, but if it comes through OK, then what a major bonus!! Now, the Milano cookies didn't melt (or, if they did, they reannealed leaving no one the wiser about their temporary liquification). However, the Milanos did suffer a bit from being packed next to some big, heavy books. They are a bit broken up. That doesn't change the great taste though--and besides, Milano cookies are too big for a single bite anyway--this way they are in nice, bite-sized chunks--perfect!!
Everything else came through with flying colors—including the bottles of Extra Strenght Gold Bond Medicated Powder. There seems to be some truth to the old phrase "too much of a good thing". A bit of Extra Strength Gold Bond Medicated Powder feels like a cool breeze. A lot of Extra Strength Gold Bond Medicated Powder on semi-damp skin after a shower feels like an Arctic Wind is ripping frozen hunks of flesh from your body.
Forewarned is forearmed!

No comments:
Post a Comment