Monday, August 01, 2005

Another busy day at work

I spent the day:  getting computers fixed, stapling little strips of stickers to Case Report Forms so that providers can easily recruit subjects into our myriad of studies, playing with electricity so that the -70 can finally be plugged in (down to -64 right now), eating a chili-cheese burger with the works on it for lunch, having to take a crap but waiting until it is cooler, doing pull-ups and sit-ups and push-ups (I will be buff when I get home!), talking on the phone with Norfolk for our weekly conference call, trying to track down a lost generator, going for a run in the morning with HM3 “I want to Run More”, badgering Chief Just Let Me Finish this Carton” to stop smoking, proofreading notes for the Navy Epi Board this week, trying to comprehend how a sleeping bag got lost and how it might possibly be recovered, sorting photos for the cruise book I will make for all of us using iPhoto, copying Tom Waits songs for Dusty (we saw Cigarettes and Coffee last night—weird, boring movie—but it did have Tom Waits), wondering if this manuscript (you know the one) will ever get done, blowing my incredibly dry and cracked nose and holding pressure on the resulting nose bleeds, reading and sending e-mail (especially to my brother telling him to not encourage his niece by giving her a new e-mail account with her and her little boyfriend’s name in it!!!)

 

I am about to try and practice my harmonica—hopefully I won’t scare too many people.

 

No comments: